In addition to the services previously described, Affordable Web Design Ltd and its Affordable Airdrie Web affiliated team are happy to provide many other services all under one roof. Need logos, business cards, brochures, photography and more? No problem!
Advanced Programming- in addition to Online Stores, our experienced custom programmers can develop any application you need.
We can custom create any application you wish
Affordable Web Design Ltd team members are experienced web designers, graphic designers, programmers and developers. No matter what application you need, we can build it for you.
- Are you running online classes? We can build that.
- Do you want an online sign-up? We can build that.
- Do you need a Content Management System so that you can look after all your own content yourself? Talk to us about a variety of options.
- Do you have any other project in mind? Contact us and we will be glad to give you an estimate!
We offer two options
Writing the content of your website can be daunting! There is a lot more to an effective website than just writing some text. There are many steps involved, and we at Affordable Airdrie Web can guide you through the process. We often find that the business owners are very comfortable explaining all about their products and services, but they don't always know where to start when it comes to writing it all down. As part of our initial project estimate, we will help organize your content and pages, and you can supply the content. If that becomes too hard on you, we are here to help! For an additional time-based fee, we will write your entire content based on interviewing you about the different facets of your business.First you need to plan out the division of pages so that your content so that your website is easy to navigate. There are lots of websites out there that are so convoluted that people simply give up on trying to find anything! You need to keep the content of each page organized but not have too much text that will bore the reader. Text needs to be interspersed with a lot of "keywords" without being repetitive. This is to catch the attention both of your potential customers and the Search Engines such as Google, so having proper divisions of content is important.
Option 1 - we guide you with regard to how to best display your content. You give us as much information as you can via email or Word document, and we will help you lay it out properly on different pages.
- First you need to plan out the division of pages so that your content so that your website is easy to navigate. There are lots of websites out there that are so convoluted that people simply give up on trying to find anything!
- You need to keep the content of each page organized but not have too much text that will bore the reader.
- Text needs to be interspersed with a lot of "keywords" without being repetitive. This is to catch the attention both of your potential customers and the Search Engines such as Google, so having proper divisions of content is important.
- Our initial time estimate includes helping with your content as long as it stays within the overall estimated timeframe, based on receiving the text once only. Should you want to change the text after we have added it to your pages, you are welcome but the additional time will incur additional cost if it makes us go over the initially estimated timeframe upon which your invoice was based.
Option 2 - we will write all your content.
- It is an industry standard to have the client give the web designer all the text and all the images in a "turnkey" format so that the designer will take that information and code it into a website design. However sometimes the business owner or staff simply don't have the time, the inclination or even the skills to write about the business. Our Affordable Airdrie Web team is proficient at content writing so we can do that for you!
- Although most content writers charge by the word, we find that when creating entire websites based on interviewing the business owner, applying an hourly fee works out best for the business.
- Since the business is yours, you are the most knowledgeable about what you offer as either services of products, or both, so we start the process by interviewing you about your business.
- Of course having us do all the writing substantially adds to the overall cost. As an excample, content writing for a 10-page website will typically take one to two hours per page, and therefore cost anywhere between $1000 and $2000 based on average content.
We help you find the best images
One of the most effective ways to have a professional looking website is to use professional photos, unless your own photos are of a high quality and suitable for your new website design.
Online Stock Photos
- You need to be careful not to use anyone else's photos because of copyright. Photos you find on Google, for instance, are just taken from all the websites out there, without any kind of permission.
- There are several online stock photo websites which offer a wide variety of images at reasonable costs. Affordable Airdrie Web's custom designs include researching pictures based on your stated needs, and ensuring that they are the right fit for your website.
- We also offer photography to local Airdrie businesses where we will visit your business and do a photo shoot ourselves if that is what you prefer. Our reasonable fees are based on the time it takes to do your photo shoot. Depending on your location, there may be a small additional travel fee assessed.
- Using your own photos is usually fine when displayed in a "photo gallery" layout on your website to show your own products and/or services.
Professional Graphic Design
Affordable Airdrie Web offers logos and other graphic design services. Are you looking for professional looking logos, brochures, business cards and such?
- Logos - the cost of logos can vary substantially, depending on how complex you want your logo to look. Designing a logo is often a back-and-forth process between you as the client and us as the designers, and charges are based on the time it takes to complete your design. Logos tend to vary between $200 and $400 but can be more if they involve a lot of extra time. Once we discuss your needs with you, we will be in a better position to give you an estimate.
- Brochures/ Rack Cards - the cost of creating a brochure or a rack card depends on the content of the brochure, the number of panels, the number of pictures, etc. Contact us to discuss your needs so that we can give you a more accurate estimate of time and cost.
- Banners and Ads - our clients often request that we create banner graphics for them to hang in sports venues, or create ads to put into print publications. We are happy to do so and again cost depends on the amount of time needed to complete your project.